Subject: [IGS-RTWG-15] Real-time observation data used at CODE
From: Michael Meindl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:47:28 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS-RTWG Mail      21 Dec 06:47:39 PST 2006      Message Number 15
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Meindl, Stefan Schaer

Dear colleagues,

We would like to inform you that CODE started to consider IGS real-time
(RT) observation data for production of ultra-rapid GNSS orbits on
4 December 2006 (day 338). The data is collected from the www.igs-ip.net
stream and stored/used in RINEX.

The following statistics (gathered over the last 24 hours) gives the
number of available RT stations with regard to the format used and GNSS
observed:

----------------------------------------------------
Format     # Stations    # GPS only    # GPS+GLONASS
----------------------------------------------------
RTCM 2.x        20            10            10
RTCM 3.0         6             3             3
RTIGS           28            28             0
RAW             18             8            10
CMR              2             2             0
RINEX            1             1             0
SP3              1             1             0
Unknown          1             1             0
----------------------------------------------------
Total           77            54            23
----------------------------------------------------

 From our point of view, it would be desirable to deliver RT data in RTCM
2.x, or 3.0. To our knowledge, the RTIGS format does not allow for
inclusion of GLONASS observations. Moreover, RAW formats are not
supported by our RT client, BNC (BKG Ntrip Client).

The number of RT stations in our ultra-rapid analysis is relatively
small (typically between 15 and 20% of all stations used). In order to
benefit from the IGS RT data stream for GNSS POD, more RT stations are
required. For us, GPS/GLONASS-combined AIV tracking stations are of
particular interest: AZCO, CONZ, CRAR, DWH1, FAA1, GANP, KOUR, LHAZ,
MOBJ, OHI3, REYZ, SOFI, THU2, TIXJ, UNBJ, WTZR, ZIMJ.

Best regards,

The CODE analysis team