Subject: [IGS-DCWG-8] RE: [IGS-DCWG-7] Resupplied data
From: "Schmidt, Michael" <[email-masked]>
To: 'Carey Noll' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:16:35 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS-DCWG Mail      05 Jun 14:19:10 PDT 2003      Message Number 8
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Schmidt

Hello all

I believe there are three issues to address:

1) ensuring updated data files are moved from the incoming data directories
to the publicly accessible ftp directories;
2) mirroring of updated data holdings at all IGS data center
3) notification to:
	a) analysis centers especially those producing real-time, ultra
	   and rapid products and
	b) the user community as a whole;

Possible Solutions:
1) incoming directories at data centers should be scanned regularly (every
minute?) and files moved to the publicly accessible directories;
2) inter-data center mirroring should be coordinated to coincide with the
scanning / updating in No. 1;
3(a) and (b) propose an automated notification sent by the receiving data
center or in the case where data is posted to multiple data centers by a
specified data center (agreement between data provider and IGS Data Center
coordinator); update to analysis centers producing real-time and ultra and
rapid products probably the most critical - coordination required to see
what form of notification most useable by 3(a) and 3(b) (3(a) might require
a separate email list, 3(b) could continue to use IGSMAIL or even a separate
one(?))
A web site recording the re-postings might be useful as a reference - could
simply be a link to notifications sent, indexed by site.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----
Michael Schmidt, P.Eng.               [email-masked]
TEL +1 250-363-6760    FAX +1 250-363-6565  Mobile +1 250-920-6128
Geological Survey of Canada           Commission g=E9ologique du Canada
Natural Resources Canada              Ressources naturelles Canada
PO Box 6000                           B.P. 6000
Sidney BC Canada V8l 4B2              Sidney (C.B.) Canada V8L 4B2
Street:                               Rue:
9860 West Saanich Rd                    9860 West Saanich Rd
North Saanich BC                        North Saanich (C.B.)
Canada V8L 3S1                          Canada V8L 3S1

Government of Canada                     Gouvernement du Canada

                         www.pgc.nrcan.gc.ca
----------------------------------------------------------------------------