Subject: [IGS-DCWG-52] DCWG items for the upcoming IGS Governing Board Meeting?
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:00:06 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS-DCWG Mail      25 Nov 14:35:46 PST 2008      Message Number 52
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll

Dear Colleagues,

    As usual, it has been quite some time since any emails have been
issued
through the DCWG exploder, so I thought I would ask the group for input
to my report to the IGS Governing Board. The next IGS Governing Board
meeting will be held on December 15 in San Francisco. I will be able to
present any issues or concerns you have or ideas you would like to put
forward for our group to work on in the coming months. As a reminder,
here
is a list of recommendations from the data center session at the last
IGS
workshop in June:

- Data centers and station operators need clear requirements for data
latency
from the analysis centers. Data centers will work with stations to
meet these
requirements.
- ACs should define requirements for data QC and validation at IGS
data centers.
The data centers need to know, under what circumstances submitted
data files
should be rejected from the archives.
- Web access is a powerful data discovery tool that could handle the
different
archive structures present at the IGS data centers. The data centers
should
survey the community to see if there remains a need for better
harmonization of
the IGS data center structure and contents.
- IGS data centers should investigate accumulation of data streams as
a possible
replacement for ftp file transfer of selected IGS data sets (i.e.,
high-rate 15-
minute 1Hz files) with the provision that IGS data centers archive
files of
identical content.
- TEQC is widely used by IGS data centers to check RINEX files and
station
performance. With upcoming new formats, e.g., RINEX v3.0, and future
satellite
systems, e.g., GLONASS and Galileo, an updated version of TEQC is
need. We ask
UNAVCO to update TEQC to accommodate these new requirements.

I hope to work with AC contacts on the first two items in this list.
If you
have ideas on any of these items please forward them to the WG exploder.

    Please send me any items in the next couple of weeks that you
would like
me to bring to the attention of the board. Also, if you have some
items you
would like to see the working group address, please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Carey.
-----
Ms. Carey Noll
Manager, Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS)
Secretary, ILRS Central Bureau
NASA GSFC
Code 690
Greenbelt, MD 20771
USA

E-mail:  [email-masked]
Voice: (301) 614-6542
Fax: (301) 614-6015
WWW:  http://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov