Subject: [IGS-DCWG-29] Re: [IGS-DCWG-27] Any DCs accepting .gz RINEX?
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:09:49 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS-DCWG Mail      18 Nov 13:15:21 PST 2004      Message Number 29
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll

Angie,

   CDDIS can certainly do a translation of a file from .gz to Z as long
as we know who is doing it ahead of time so the scripts can be modified
of course.  There may also be some delay in data availability by adding
this extra step of course (minor).

   A large archive like CDDIS does not really want to re-do the entire
archive in another compression scheme!  Especially since we are trying to
get the archive up and running on a new server.  I don't see the benefit
of doing this, but I am probably wearing blinders.

Carey.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Ms. Carey Noll  Manager, Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS)
                                           Secretary, ILRS Central Bureau
Code 922                                     E-mail:  [email-masked]
NASA GSFC                                           Voice: (301) 614-6542
Greenbelt, MD 20771                                   Fax: (301) 614-6099
USA                  WWW:  http://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/cddis_welcome.html
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+