Subject: [IGLOSMAIL-995] R06 tracking problem
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: iglosmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:38:15 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGLOS Electronic Mail      01 Apr 05:38:19 PST 2004   Message Number 995
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

Dear IGLOS colleagues,

This is just to inform you that, at all Javad stations meanwhile
tracking R06 (the new GLONASS-M2 satellite), a "reset" of the receiver
was made within the last days:

   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/odata_glonass_day.txt
   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/odata_mixed_day.txt

Probable receiver firmware problems in combination with "bad" almanac
data got into receivers' memory seem to make this step necessary. It
should be mentioned that R06 data is already considered in the GNSS POD
processes at CODE (since D088).

Until now, no Z18 receiver was able to provide data with respect to
this particular GLONASS satellite. R06 is expected to be marked
unusable over a longer period of time (of possibly several months).

Best regards,

Stefan Schaer