Subject: [IGLOSMAIL-853] CDDIS Computer Facility Operational Again
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMail <[email-masked]>, IGLOSMail <[email-masked]>, IVSMail <[email-masked]>, DORISMail <[email-masked]>, SLRMail <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: Vipool Rathod <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

******************************************************************************
IGLOS Electronic Mail      20 Sep 15:08:06 PDT 2003   Message Number 853
******************************************************************************

Author:  Carey Noll/CDDIS

I am pleased to announce that the CDDIS computer system was brought back
up on Friday, Sept. 19 at ~4:00 EDT.  Many thanks to the system administration
staff for making the not-so-easy trek to GSFC on Friday to bring our
system back up.  GSFC was closed to all but emergency personnel on Thursday
and Friday due to concerns with Hurricane Isabel.  After the storm had
passed by early morning on 9/19, nearly 2 million households (and a 
majority of the local traffic lights) in the Maryland/Virginia/Washington
area were without power.  I only had power restored to my household an hour
ago, which is why I was delayed in sending this email out.  The CDDIS staff
and I will work early next week to ensure our archive is up-to-date.

Regards,
Carey.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Ms. Carey Noll  Manager, Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS)
                                           Secretary, ILRS Central Bureau
Code 922                                   E-mail:  [email-masked]
NASA GSFC                                           Voice: (301) 614-6542
Greenbelt, MD 20771                                   Fax: (301) 614-6099
USA                  WWW:  http://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/cddis_welcome.html
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+