Subject: [IGLOSMAIL-497] EGS Session 9.03: GPS,GLONASS,GALILEO,DORIS ...
From: Weber Robert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:07:00 MET

******************************************************************************
IGLOS Electronic Mail      05 Jan 12:07:04 PST 2002   Message Number 497
******************************************************************************

Author: Robert Weber

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to remind you of the EGS Session G 9.03 taking place
in Nice, France, April 21 - 26, 2002:

"Evolving Space Geodetic Techniques (SLR, GPS, DORIS, Altimetry, VLBI):
GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, DORIS and other microwave techniques"

You are kindly invited to contribute to this session. The session
description is given below. The deadline for submission of abstracts is

		    JANUARY 11, 2002.

 All necessary information may be found at

	 http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice02/nice02.htm

 Looking forward to seeing you in Nice.

			 With best regards,
			      
			      Robert Weber
			      Carine Bruyninx

	       (Conveners of EGS Session G 9.03)

***************************************************************************

EGS 2002 Session: Evolving space geodesy techniques
(SLR, GPS, DORIS, Altimetry, VLBI): 
GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, DORIS and other microwave techniques"
-------------------------------------------------------------

Satellite systems based on microwave signals like GPS, GLONASS and DORIS
(supplemented by GALILEO in the future) play a major role in space geodesy.
Nowadays these systems allow for the uncomplicated densification of the
earth-fixed reference frame (ITRF) and support a still rapidly growing
number of geodynamic applications. 

In this session we would like to focus on new developments and
improvements concerning the analysis as well as the technical aspects of 
all these microwave satellite techniques. We solicit contributions
to this session dealing with recent progress made in orbit determination
(including low Earth orbiting satellites), atmospheric modelling,
positioning, and the mitigation of common and individual error sources. 
We also would like to focus on the quality and reliabilty of
permanent station coordinate time series as an important source for
subsequent geophysical interpretation. Studies of the impact of
GALILEO, as an upcoming additional microwave satellite technique, on
the determination of regional and global geodetic parameters are
very welcome, too. 

***************************************************************************

--
___________________________________________________________________________
Robert Weber                           Tel:    ++43-1-58801-12865               
Department of Advanced Geodesy         Fax:    ++43-1-58801-12896              
University of Technology, Vienna       E-Mail: [email-masked]
Gusshausstrasse 27-29                          [email-masked]
A-1040 Vienna, Austria                         
___________________________________________________________________________