Subject: [IGLOSMAIL-163] Warning: NPL R100 problems continue
From: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: "IGLOS_Mail (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Davis <[email-masked]>, John Laverty <[email-masked]>, "DeJong_Gerrit (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, Setnam Shemar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:16:08 -0000

******************************************************************************
IGLOS Electronic Mail      19 Dec 09:29:44 PST 2000   Message Number 163
******************************************************************************

Author: Jon Clarke 

Dear Colleagues, 

This message is especially to warn those who use our R100 data for time
transfers. 

Despite useful advice from other users, I have not been able to fix the
NPL R100-40T, NPLE, and the possibility must be considered that it will
not work again. I will continue attempting to fix it as I receive fresh
advice, but certainly it will not be working before 10 January 2001. 

NPL can make available BIPM time transfer format files from a
multi-channel GPS receiver (TFS102). Please contact me to request these,
as they are not automatically published yet. Also, I will commission our
Javad Legacy receiver to supply dual-frequency code and carrier GPS and
GLONASS data, but this is unlikely to be a reliable source of data until
the end of January 2001 (due to annual leave, and deadline constraints
in early January). 

I apologise for this inconvenience, but it is unfortunately beyond our
control. 

Regards, 
Jon 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Mr Jon Clarke                                 Time and Frequency
Section,
tel: +44 (0) 20 8943 6548  Centre for Electromagnetic and Time
Metrology,
fax: +44 (0) 20 8943 6529                   National Physical
Laboratory,
e-mail: [email-masked]                     Queens Road,
Teddington,
web: http://www.npl.co.uk/npl/ctm/                         TW11 0LW,
U.K.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-