Subject: [IGEXMail-0612] NPLC year 2000 hitch
From: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Jan 2000 18:56:09

Reply-To: IGEX Mail <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: list

******************************************************************************
IGEXMail                04-Jan-2000 18:56:09                   Message No 0612
******************************************************************************

Author: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]> 
Subject: NPLC year 2000 hitch 

------ =_NextPart_000_01BF56D9.E0B65180
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Colleagues,=20

happy New Year (for those following the Gregorian calender).=20

Our 3S Navigation R100-40T, NPLC, was restarted this morning following a =
year 2000 problem.=20

On 1 Jan it progressively stopped tracking satellites, starting from=20
 05:35:00 12G04G10G01G18G24G19G13G27G22G16G06R13
until its last measurement at=20
 10:23:00 on GPS PRN 10.=20

Thereafter the receiver did not crash or hang, but it did not track any =
further satellites. It now appears to be running normally. The Time and =
Frequency Section has not experienced any other year 2000 problems.=20

I may have incorrectly submitted compressed Rinex files to BKG since day =
349 as ASCII ftp mode instead of binary: if so I shall resubmit these.=20

Regards,
Jon

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Jon Clarke                                Time and Frequency Section,
[email-masked]      Centre for Electromagnetic and Time Metrology,
tel: +44 (0) 20 8943 6548                  National Physical Laboratory,
fax: +44 (0) 20 8943 7138        Queens Road, Teddington, TW11 0LW, U.K.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------ =_NextPart_000_01BF56D9.E0B65180
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BF56D9.E0B65180--