Subject: [IGEXMail-0475] EGS-2000 GPS/GLONASS Session
From: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)
Date: 28 Sep 1999 17:09:01

Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    28-Sep-1999 17:09:01                   Message No 0475
******************************************************************************

Author: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)
Subject: EGS-2000 GPS/GLONASS Session

Author: W. Gurtner

                         EUROPEAN GEOPHYSICAL SOCIETY
                            25th GENERAL ASSEMBLY
                      NICE, FRANCE,  24 - 29 APRIL 2000 

                        SYMPOSIUM G2/04: GPS/GLONASS
                        ****************************

                     Convener: W. Gurtner (Switzerland)
                       Co-Convener: V. Glotov (Russia)

    as part of the series G2: "Evolving Geodesy: From Static to Kinematics"

Dear colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention to the following symposium held during
the 25th General Assembly of the European Geophysical Society in Nice, France,
24 - 29 April 2000:

                        Symposium G2/04: GPS/GLONASS
                        ****************************

This symposium is part of a series of six symposia grouped under the common
title "Evolving geodesy: from static to kinematics" (G2).

The global GPS/GLONASS observation campaign IGEX-98 1998/1999 was the first
opportunity to verify the potential of a combined GPS/GLONASS satellite
system for precise regional and global positioning using high-quality
dual-frequency code and carrier phase receivers and state-of-the-art data
processing including orbit improvements, even in combination with satellite
laser ranging. On the other end of the spectrum recent developments showed
the benefit of increasing the number of simultaneously observable satellites
by including GLONASS satellites into the tracking scenario for realtime
kinematic surveys. The session should serve as a platform to demonstrate all
those areas where precise geodetic positioning for geodynamical applications
can be improved by extending the procedures to the GLONASS satellite system. 

Please submit the abstract of your presentation with the desired presentation
form (oral or poster) to the EGS office and send a copy to the coveners

                          before 15 December 1999.

Further information about the meeting and details on the abstract format and
submission can be found on the web page

       http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice00/nice00.htm 

Sincerely yours

W. Gurtner
V. Glotov

****************************************************************************

Prof. Dr. Werner Gurtner                   Dr. Vladimir Glotov
Astronomisches Institut                    Mission Control Centre
Universitaet Bern                          Pionerskaya str. 4
Sidlerstr. 5                               141070 Korolyov
3012 Bern                                  Moscow region
Switzerland                                Russia

E-mail: [email-masked]              E-mail: [email-masked]
Fax: +41-31-631-3869                       Fax: +7-095-274-0025

****************************************************************************