Subject: [IGEXMail-0422] NPLC phase discontinuities
From: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 1999 11:15:59

Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    28-Jul-1999 11:15:59                   Message No 0422
******************************************************************************

Author: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Subject: NPLC phase discontinuities

------ =_NextPart_000_01BED8DD.C4BC4F40
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Colleagues,=20

yesterday we discovered that the NPLC R100 receiver has had hourly =
resets of its L1 and L2 phase measurements, occuring every hour since we =
started logging in October. This is obviously of great concern to us =
because it breaks all continuity in the phase measurements. This was =
discovered during our first in-depth analysis of the receiver's data.=20

This message is to inform you all that we are changing our logging from =
hourly logging of the raw data via the serial port, followed by a daily =
conversion, to daily downloads of the complete Rinex file. My hope is =
that this will eliminate the problem, and hopefully simplify some other =
matters too. This may cause some disruption while the change is =
executed.=20

I have contacted 3S Navigation to query the cause of these resets. My =
apologies for the late discovery of this problem.=20

Regards,
Jon Clarke

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Jon Clarke                                Time and Frequency Section,
[email-masked]      Centre for Electromagnetic and Time Metrology,
tel: +44 (0) 208 943 6548                  National Physical Laboratory,
fax: +44 (0) 208 943 7138        Queens Road, Teddington, TW11 0LW, U.K.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------ =_NextPart_000_01BED8DD.C4BC4F40
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BED8DD.C4BC4F40--