Subject: [IGEXMail-0345] End of GFZ IGEX Analysis Center Activities
From: Wolfgang Soehne <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 May 1999 14:21:51

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    21-May-1999 14:21:51                   Message No 0345
******************************************************************************

Author: Wolfgang Soehne <[email-masked]>
Subject: End of GFZ IGEX Analysis Center Activities

Dear colleagues,

GFZ has demonstrated in the course of the IGEX-98 pilot project which came to 
an end on April 19 its capabilities in operating globally distributed GLONASS
receivers in Bishkek (Kyrghyz Republic), Rio Grande (Argentina) and Sutherland
(South Africa) and in computing routinely GLONASS orbits and geodetic parameters
from GLONASS tracking data.
Because of pressing requirements from other projects dealing with ground- and
space-based GPS observations on our side we have to concentrate our man power
resources and have therefore decided
(1) to stop data taking from our three receivers and to return them to Germany
    for later upgrading and
(2) to stop the GLONASS data processing with GPS week 1001.

The GLONASS functions of all our system components will be kept intact, so that
in case of any scientific or political requirements we could restart our
activities. 

Best regards

Christoph Reigber
Wolfgang Soehne