Subject: [IGEXMail-0331] STRR / YAR1 Z18 Tracking Problems
From: "Digney, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 May 1999 06:38:17

Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    11-May-1999 06:38:17                   Message No 0331
******************************************************************************

Author: "Digney, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Subject: STRR / YAR1 Z18 Tracking Problems

Author: [email-masked]
> Subject: Z18 Tracking Problems?
> 
> 
>  IGEX-98: Tracking problems of STRR / YAR1 Z18 receivers?
>  ********************************************************************
> 
In response to Werner Gurtner's IGEX, message No 0328, AUSLIG still
continually collects and makes publically available data from both Z18's at
Yaragadee (YAR1) and Stromlo (STRR).

We have also checked the status of both Z18 receivers, the results of this
check indicated that there was no data available Stromlo doy 122, May 2
1999, and the data for Yaragadee contained a distinct gap between 12:50 UT
and 16:50 UT.  

An additional problem occured at Stromlo, in that data from STRR from 4 May
1999 started logging data as of doy 16 1980, this problem continued until
the receiver was reset on Monday 10 May 1999. The Z18 at Yaragadee does not
seem to be affected by this pronblem.

The reason for this problem at this time is uncertain, it may be associated
with the GPS satellite 27
> tests that have been performed by the US DOD, or alternatively an
> instrument or firmware problem.
> 
Unfortunately the data during this period was placed on AUSLIG's IGEX data
directory for a short time and may have been downloaded by some agencies,
this data has now been removed and therefore data for Stromlo is unavailable
between doys 125 and 130. 

Paul Digney
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Digney
Geodesy Program
Australian Surveying and Land Information Group
PO Box 2 Belconnen ACT 2616 Australia
Ph: +61 2 6201 4369  Fax: +61 2 6201 4366
Internet: http://www.auslig.gov.au
Email: [email-masked]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~