Subject: [IGEXMail-0318] NPLC update
From: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 1999 18:04:54

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:40:27 +0100
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="925486827=_FTP_MSG_SVC_=41"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    30-Apr-1999 18:04:54                   Message No 0318
******************************************************************************

Author: Jon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Subject: NPLC update

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your mail reader is not using the MIME attachment standard.
To read all of this message, use a MIME V1.0 compliant reader.

Some parts of this message may be in a human readable form.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--925486827=_FTP_MSG_SVC_=41
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; X-MAPIextension=".TXT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear Colleagues,

the 3S Navigation R100-40T receiver NPLC's software was upgraded to 
version 5.3 today. Also the GPS and Glonass schedules were updated to 
numbers 32 and 7 respectively: my apologies for the delay in 
implementing these schedules. The option to calculate time transfer 
data from Glonass P2 was activated. And finally, our previously faulty 
sixth Glonass P card, which had been repaired, was replaced. 

The receiver is now running again with all channels, and appears to be 
working correctly. 

The IGEX log file for our collocated dual frequency GPS receiver NPLB 
is now available (apologies also for the delay in its preparation). 

During the recent visit of the BIPMA calibrating receiver, the offsets 
from UTC(NPL) of each of the inputs of our receivers were measured: 
these are now included in the IGEX log files and in the NPLC CCTF 
files, as is the NPLC antenna cable delay. 

The CCTF data from NPLC is available from the anonymous ftp site 
ftp.npl.co.uk, directory pub/time/glonass (c.f. attached file 
Instruc3.txt). 

The NPLB Z-compressed compact RINEX data is similarly available from 
ftp.npl.co.uk, directory pub/gpsphase

Also on both the NPLB and NPLC ftp sites are summaries of the 
receivers' logbooks, showing the main events affecting them, and a .GIF 
diagram of the reference time signal distribution system at NPL, 
showing the links between UTC(NPL), our two-way earth station Satre 
modem, NPLB geodetic GPS receiver, and NPLC GPS/Glonass receiver. 

I hope these items are of some use and interest. 

Regards,
Jon Clarke

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Jon Clarke                                    Time and Frequency,
e-mail: [email-masked]              Centre for Time Metrology,
tel: +44 (0) 181 943 6548              National Physical Laboratory,
fax: +44 (0) 181 943 7138    Queens Road, Teddington, TW11 0LW, U.K.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--925486827=_FTP_MSG_SVC_=41
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; name="Instruc3.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING CTM FTP ARCHIVES
-------------------------------------------

Directions on using our Ashtech data FTP archive
---------- -- ----- --- ------- ---- --- -------

This site holds our Ashtech Z12T geodetic GPS receiver
observation files, in UNIX-compressed compact RINEX format.

Connect to server: ftp.npl.co.uk
Username: anonymous
Password: [your e-mail address]
Move to our archive directory: cd pub/gpsphase

Then there are various useful commands, such as:
List commands: help
List contents: dir
obtain file: get [filename - this is case sensitive]

To leave: quit

Other data available via anonymous ftp
----- ---- --------- --- --------- ---

3S Nav R100-40T common view time transfer data: pub/time/glonass

GPS common view time transfer data (this is used for our routine 
link with BIPM to contribute UTC(NPL) to UTC(BIPM)): pub/time/gps

Please contact me if you have any difficulties.

Regards,
Jon Clarke, 1998-02-24.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Jon Clarke                                    Time and Frequency,
e-mail: [email-masked]              Centre for Time Metrology,
tel: +44 (0) 181 943 6548              National Physical Laboratory,
fax: +44 (0) 181 943 7138    Queens Road, Teddington, TW11 0LW, U.K.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--925486827=_FTP_MSG_SVC_=41--