From: "James A. Slater" <[email-masked]>

is May 21, 1999.  Authors will be notified by June 21 about the accepta=
Date: 15 Apr 1999 00:33:02 
Subject: [IGEXMail-0293] CALL FOR PAPERS AND 2ND CIRCULAR IGEX-98 WORKSHOP 

	Boundary="0__=DpfWukgQrySKZ0vFCB1KIMlsMnHPVqAabGmu4KjCsskofJvSeRHlJjkz"
Content-Disposition: inline
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    15-Apr-1999 00:33:02                   Message No 0293
******************************************************************************

Author: "James A. Slater" <[email-masked]>
Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS AND 2ND CIRCULAR IGEX-98 WORKSHOP

--0__=DpfWukgQrySKZ0vFCB1KIMlsMnHPVqAabGmu4KjCsskofJvSeRHlJjkz
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline

Second Circular
Call for Papers

INTERNATIONAL GLONASS EXPERIMENT (IGEX-98) WORKSHOP
September 13-14, 1999
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.

OVERVIEW

The first coordinated international campaign to collect and analyze GLONASS
satellite data began on October 19, 1998 and is scheduled to terminate on April
19, 1999.  This International GLONASS Experiment (IGEX-98) was jointly sponsored
by the International Association of Geodesy's (IAG) Commission VIII for the
International Coordination of Space Techniques for Geodesy and Geodynamics
(CSTG), the Institute of Navigation's (ION) GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working
Group, the International GPS Service (IGS), and the International Earth Rotation
Service (IERS).  The IGEX-98 Steering Committee, the ION and the IGS are
organizing a joint workshop on September 13-14, 1999 to discuss the results of
IGEX-98 and possible plans for the future.  This workshop will be held in
conjunction with the ION Satellite Division's 12(superscript: th) International
Technical Meeting GPS-99 in Nashville, Tennessee (U.S.).

The IGEX workshop will be run as a separate event prior to the GPS-99
conference.  It will be held in the Nashville Convention Center, and will be the
forum for this year's meeting of the ION GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working
Group (GGIWG).  A separate registration fee will be required for all attendees
of the workshop as indicated below.  (Workshop attendees who also wish to attend
ION's GPS-99 Technical Meeting after the workshop ends will be required to pay
the standard conference registration fee.)

The workshop will be an opportunity for participants to present and compare
their findings, observations, and analyses resulting from the IGEX campaign.  It
will be a time to assess whether or not the objectives of the experiment were
met and to discuss future plans for using and supporting GLONASS.

Anyone is welcome to attend and participate.

PRELIMINARY AGENDA

The workshop sessions will be held between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm each
day, with registration beginning at 8:00 am.

***Monday, September 13, 1999***

INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW, Chair: James Slater (NIMA)
     Overview of IGEX Campaign
     GLONASS Status, Performance and Plans
RECEIVER TECHNOLOGY, Chair: Ruth Neilan (JPL)
     Software and Hardware Developments, Performance Analysis
NETWORK OPERATIONS, Chair: Werner Gurtner (Astro. Inst.Univ. of Bern)
     Data Collection, Data Communications, Data Archiving, Formats,
Preprocessing
PANEL DISCUSSION 
--0__=DpfWukgQrySKZ0vFCB1KIMlsMnHPVqAabGmu4KjCsskofJvSeRHlJjkz
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

? Technology Issues, Station and Network Operations Issues
    Chairs: Werner Gurtner and Ruth Neilan

EVENING RECEPTION

***Tuesday, September 14, 1999***

INTRODUCTION, Chair: Carey Noll (NASA GSFC)
ORBIT DETERMINATION, Chair: Robert Weber (Technical Univ. of Vienna)
     Precise Orbit Computations, SLR Observations, Methodology
TIME AND TIME TRANSFER, Chair: Wlodzimierz Lewandowski (BIPM)
APPLICATIONS, Chair: TBD
     Reference Frames and Datum Transformations
     Geodetic Positioning
     Atmospheric and Ionospheric Studies
GENERAL DISCUSSION ? GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Issues
     Chair: Pratap Misra (M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratories)
PANEL DISCUSSION - Future Plans (IGS, Manufacturers, Navigation Users,
Scientific
     Community), Chairs: Gerhard Beutler (Astro. Inst. Univ. of Bern) a=
nd Pascal
Willis (IGN)
SUMMARY

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION

Abstracts are requested for oral and poster presentations.  Abstracts m=
ust be in
English and must not exceed one page.  The deadline for submission of a=
bstracts
is May 21, 1999.  Authors will be notified by June 21 about the accepta=
nce of
their abstracts and whether they will be oral or poster papers.

All abstracts should be submitted electronically by connecting to one o=
f the web
sites referenced below and completing the online form.  If you do not h=
ave
access to the Internet, you may fax your abstract to Carey Noll at 301-=
614-5970
(U.S.A.).  Submissions should include names and affiliations of all aut=
hors, and
contact information for the responsible author including mailing addres=
s, phone
and fax numbers and e-mail address.

Final manuscripts for all papers including poster paper summaries are r=
equested
by September 30, 1999 to facilitate publication in the workshop proceed=
ings.
Instructions for submission of papers will be available on the web site=
s shown
below.

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS

Pre-registration is requested for all people planning to attend the wor=
kshop.  A
registration fee of $75.00 payable at the workshop will be required fro=
m each
person attending.  The pre-registration deadline is August 28, 1999.  T=
he
pre-registration form can be found at the web sites listed below.

Abstract submission and pre-registration can be done at the following w=
eb sites:

IGN IGEX Web site     http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/IGEX
ION IGEX Web site     http://www.ion.org/workgroup.html

GENERAL INFORMATION

Nashville is known as Music City, U.S.A.  It is the home of countless m=
usicians
and songwriters, the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame.=

Bluegrass, jazz and other styles of music can also be found in Nashvill=
e.  Other
attractions include Belle Meade Plantation (a 19(superscript: th) centu=
ry Greek
revival mansion), The Hermitage (home of Andrew Jackson, seventh Presid=
ent of
the U.S.), The Parthenon (full-scale reproduction of Greek temple), Van=
 Vechten
Art Gallery at Fisk University, and riverboat rides.

A few of the hotels in the vicinity of the Convention Center are listed=
 below.
In order to obtain the conference rates for the hotels, you must inform=
 the
hotel that you are attending the Institute of Navigation meeting.

Renaissance (Headquarters Hotel, adjacent to the Convention Center): Ph=
one
     615-255-8400; $116 single/double per night, $136 club level per ni=
ght
Crowne Plaza: Phone 615-259-2000; $111 single/double per night
Doubletree Hotel: Phone 615-244-8200; $99 single per night, $109 double=
 per
night
Union Station Hotel: Phone 615-726-1001; $111 single per night, $131 do=
uble per
night
ClubHouse Inn: Phone 615-244-0150

Specific information about the workshop including the meeting circulars=
, program
details and registration procedures will be available on the ION GGIWG =
web site
under the IGEX heading at http://www.ion.org/workgroup.html and also at=
 the IGN
IGEX web site http://lareg.ensg.ign.fr/IGEX. Information about register=
ing for
the ION Satellite Division Meeting GPS-99 and general information about=

Nashville will be available on the ION web site at http://www.ion.org o=
r the
Nashville web site http://www.nashville.citysearch.com.  Questions can =
be
addressed to the Chair or Co-chair of the Organizing Committee.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

Jim Slater, Chair
NIMA, U.S.A.
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: 703-588-7431

Carey Noll, Co-chair
NASA GSFC, U.S.A.
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: 301-614-6542

Werner Gurtner, Astronomical Institute University of Bern, Switzerland
([email-masked])
Wlodzimierz Lewandowski, Bur. Int'l des Poids et Mesures, France
([email-masked])
Pratap Misra, M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratories, U.S.A. ([email-masked])
Ruth Neilan, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, U.S.A. ([email-masked]=
sa.gov)
Robert Weber, Technical University of Vienna, Austria ([email-masked]=
en.ac.at)
Pascal Willis, Institut Geographique National, France
([email-masked])

Jim Slater
Office of the Secretary of Defense, Defense Research & Engineering
 Ph: 703-588-7431    Fax: 703-588-7545    E-mail: [email-masked]

 "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's =
too dark
to read."
 -- Groucho Marx
=

--0__=DpfWukgQrySKZ0vFCB1KIMlsMnHPVqAabGmu4KjCsskofJvSeRHlJjkz--