Subject: [IGEXMail-0280] Status of the GLONASS/GPS SLR Data Processing
From: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)
Date: 07 Apr 1999 13:34:55

Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    07-Apr-1999 13:34:55                   Message No 0280
******************************************************************************

Author: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)
Subject: Status of the GLONASS/GPS SLR Data Processing

Author: Werner Gurtner

                  IGEX-98: Status of SLR Data Processing
                  **************************************

Dear colleagues,

in two weeks the International Laser Ranging Service ILRS has a meeting during
the EGS-99 Symposium in The Hague. I have been asked to prepare a contribution
to the agenda item  "Status of the IGEX98 Campaign". 

I would like to collect some information about the following points: 

- Who is processing or will process the SLR data to the GLONASS satellites
  collected during the IGEX-98 campaign?

- What are the SLR data used for?

- What results have been achieved or are expected to be achieved?

- Did we get enough SLR data for the anticipated goals?

- If the GLONASS tracking with permanent GPS/GLONASS receivers continued in
  some form after the formal end of the campaign: What do you expect from the
  satellite laser ranging network? Should it continue to track intensively
  the GLONASS satellites? How many of them?

May I ask all groups involved in the GLONASS SLR data processing to send me some
comments to above questions till mid next week (April 14)?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Werner Gurtner