Subject: [IGEXMail-0182] New GLONASS satellites
From: "P.DALY" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jan 1999 13:02:40

Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    29-Jan-1999 13:02:40                   Message No 0182
******************************************************************************

Author: "P.DALY" <[email-masked]>
Subject: New GLONASS satellites

Two new GLONASS satellites operational

The University of Leeds acquired 2 of the 3 new GLONASS satellites on 
the morning of 29 January in healthy and operational condition. The 
third satellite is expected in position early in February and to be 
delared healthy about 1 week afterwards.

The 2 healthy satellites are in almanac slots 7 & 8 using channels 7 
& 8 respectively. The third satellite will take up position in slot 
1 and use channel 2.

All participants in the IGEX experiment will welcome the addition of 
3 new GLONASS satellites and, I'm sure, would wish to congratulate 
the Russian team responsible for GLONASS.

Regards
-------------------------------------------------
Professor Peter Daly
Director, Institute of Satellite Navigation
Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom

+44 113 233 2073 (phone)
+44 113 233 2032 (fax)
-------------------------------------------------