Subject: [IGEXMail-0137] Launch of >NEW< GLONASS sats!
From: Jorgen Borjesson <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Dec 1998 13:57:38

Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    31-Dec-1998 13:57:38                   Message No 0137
******************************************************************************

Author: Jorgen Borjesson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Launch of >NEW< GLONASS sats!

From the Official GLONASS homepage
(http://www.rssi.ru/SFCSIC/english.html):

NEXT GLONASS LAUNCH

There was GLONASS launch on December 30, 1998 at 21:35:46.23 MT(UTC+0300).
Launch vehicle PROTON injected Block 28 of three GLONASS satellites into
the slot 7 (orbital plane 1). It is scheduled then to put the satellites
into operation as follows:
SV-779 (Kosmos-2364), slot 2, frequency channel 2;
SV-784 (Kosmos-2363), slot 7, frequency channel 7;
SV-786 (Kosmos-2362), slot 8, frequency channel 8. 

<end of quote>

As 'usual' it will be another three to four weeks until the satellites
are in their correct positions and become operational.

Happy New Year!

/Jorgen Borjesson

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jorgen Borjesson    [email-masked]|  Onsala Space Observatory 
Phone: int+46-31-7725575|     M.Sc. E.E.    |Chalmers Univ of Technology
 Fax: int+46-31-7725590 |   Ph.D. Student   |  S-439 92 Onsala, Sweden  
------------------------------------------------------------------------