Subject: [IGEXMail-0054] Delays with Herstmonceux Glonass receiver
From: [email-masked] (SLR at Herstmonceux)
Date: 31 Oct 1998 20:59:58

Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    31-Oct-1998 20:59:58                   Message No 0054
******************************************************************************

Author: [email-masked] (SLR at Herstmonceux)
Subject: Delays with Herstmonceux Glonass receiver

Author: Roger Wood, SLR Herstmonceux

    In addition to the permanent Ashtech 12 receiver at Herstmonceux
    (marker name HERS), we have installed a 3S Navigation R100 combined GPS
    and Glonass receiver mounted on the pillar (marker name HERP) that was
    previously used for the PRARE co-location. The site log file for HERP
    has been compiled and submitted to IGS. 

    Some data have been gathered since the start of the IGEX-98 campaign
    but, because of a series of receiver, computer and data translation
    problems, there are not many days with complete data coverage. The main
    problem has been with the translation from receiver files to Rinex
    format where spurious files with timetag errors are produced. We will
    continue to work on the data flow problems and hope to be making
    regular contributions soon, and to submit the back data, even if
    incomplete. But with the IGS workshop next week this may not happen for
    another 2 weeks.