Subject: [IGEXMail-0037] No 0037
From: Louis Marais <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 15:49:06

To: [email-masked]
Subject: No 0037 : Status of station CSIR
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    23-Oct-1998 15:49:06                   Message No 0037
******************************************************************************

Author: Louis Marais <[email-masked]>
Subject: Status of station CSIR

Status update for station CSIR, South Africa.

The 3S R100-30T receiver of the station CSIR has been in full
operation since 16 October 1998.

Data has been delivered to the NASA/CDDIS data centre since the late
September 1998.

Data prior to 06-OCT-1998 must NOT be trusted, since prior to this
date the receiver AND antenna was not in the position indicated in the
log for station CSIR - data prior to this should be regarded as
operational testing data.

Between  06-OCT-1998 and 16-OCT-1998 the receiver, and computer
receiving data from the receiver was off-line intermediately, so data
for dates within this period can contain gaps.

Since 16-OCT-1998 the system is fully functional. Data is transmitted
to the NASA/CDDIS data centre every day at 02:00 (local time) using a
fully automated system running on a Windows NT4.0 Pentium computer. If
anyone requires more details on the setup used at the CSIR, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Louis Marais
Time and Frequency Metrology
National Metrology Laboratory
CSIR, PO Box  395, Pretoria, 0001
South Africa
Voice + 27 (0)12 841 3013
Fax +27 (0)12 841 4458
[email-masked]
www.nml.csir.co.za