Subject: [IGEXMail-0006] GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working Group Meeting at ION GPS 98
From: "James A. Slater" <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Sep 1998 20:16:02

******************************************************************************
IGEX Electronic Mail    02-Sep-1998 20:16:02                   Message No 0006
******************************************************************************

Author: "James A. Slater" <[email-masked]>
Subject: GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working Group Meeting at ION GPS 98

--0__=dRRFtEAiS9f1SQJ9Vfte7rklZCQv8bbmE7Dji1mCgO1n9RGCZIghKiVJ
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline

3rd MEETING OF WORKING GROUP SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER 1998 AT ION
                            GPS 98 IN NASHVILLE

The third meeting of the GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working Group is set
for Friday, 18 September 1998 from 2:00 to 5:30 pm at the Nashville,
Tennessee Convention Center during the Institute of Navigation
--0__=dRRFtEAiS9f1SQJ9Vfte7rklZCQv8bbmE7Dji1mCgO1n9RGCZIghKiVJ
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

?s meeting
ION GPS 98.  This year?s working group meeting will focus on the upcomi=
ng
International GLONASS Experiment, IGEX-98, for which ION is a co-sponso=
r.
An overview of the experiment will be given in a paper to be presented =
on
Friday morning as a part of the general session titled ?GPS/GLONASS, GN=
SS
Integrity and Performance I: System Performance and Scientific Studies?=
.
More details will be provided by several members of the IGEX steering
committee during the working group meeting in the afternoon and any
questions, clarifications and suggestions can be addressed at that time=
.

The working group has extended  invitations to three Russian colleagues=

whose institutions are actively involved in GLONASS planning and
development work in Russia.  They are Professor N. E. Ivanov, Institute=
 of
Space Device Engineering, Colonel M. G. Lebedev, Director of the GLONAS=
S
Coordinational Scientific Information Center, and Dr. N. L. Makarenko,
Director of the Central Research Institute of Geodesy, Aerial Surveying=
 and
Cartography.  They have all accepted the invitation to attend the meeti=
ng
and have been requested to provide updates on the status of GLONASS,
receiver development in Russia and Russian participation in the IGEX-98=

campaign.

The working group?s main purpose is to provide a forum for the exchange=
 of
information concerning the interoperability of GLONASS and GPS. The IGE=
X
tracking campaign is the first major international effort to collect
geodetic-quality GLONASS observations on a global scale, compute precis=
e
GLONASS orbits, test receivers under ?operational? conditions, and exer=
cise
software that has been developed to exploit combined GLONASS and GPS da=
ta.
Proposed stations will be operating in 30 countries.

The working group meeting is open to all.  We encourage you to attend. =
 For
more information about the ION GPS 98 meeting, the working group, or th=
e
IGEX experiment, check the ION web site at <www.ion.org>.

Jim Slater
Co-chair, ION GLONASS-GPS Interoperability Working Group, and
Member of IGEX Steering Committee
([email-masked])
=

--0__=dRRFtEAiS9f1SQJ9Vfte7rklZCQv8bbmE7Dji1mCgO1n9RGCZIghKiVJ--