Subject: [GGOS-21] AOGS Meeting in June - We need your participation
From: "Mike Pearlman" <[email-masked]>
To: carey Noll <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:39:35 -0500

******************************************************************************
GGOS Mail                29 Jan 10:56:32 PST 2008      Message Number 21
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Pearlman/CfA

Dear Colleague:

The AOGS 2008 meeting will be held in Busan, South Korea on
June 16-20. James Park, Harald Schuh, and I are organizing a session
devoted to space geodesy. The title of the session is "Geodetic
Techniques (GNSS, VLBI, SLR,) and Its Applications on
Atmosphere/Geodynamics" (Session number: SE87).

Last year at the meeting in Bangkok, several of us gave presentations
on SLR, VLBI, GGOS, and the Reference Frame, but there were very few
other talks on space geodesy.  Few people that attended our session
were very familiar with the Measurement Services and with GGOS.  This
is an excellent opportunity to better acquaint the Asian community
with these entities and with the contributions that these entities
could make to their activities in the Asian region. It would be very
advantageous if we could have at least one talk from each of the
Services, from GGOS, and on some of the general analysis results.
This is also a good opportunity to visit the space geodesy sites in
Korea where a strong space geodesy program is now emerging.

We invite you to participate in the meeting. The abstract deadline is
7 Feb. 2008 and you can find more information at the AOGS web site:

http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2008/index.asp

and

http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2008/doc/aogs2008_8pp_brochure.pdf

We strongly want to see you in Busan!

With best regards,

Mike Pearlman

Dr. Michael R. Pearlman
Harvard-Smithsonian
Center for Astrophysics
60 Garden St.
Cambridge MA 02138
tel. (617) 495-7481
fax. (617) 496-0121
e-mail. [email-masked]