Subject: [AFREF-17] RE: [AFREF-16] Space Technology and Disaster Management for Afric a
From: "Latham, John (SDRN)" <[email-masked]>
To: "'David STEVENS'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: "He, Changchui (SDRN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:11:45 +0100

******************************************************************************
AFREF Mail               27 Mar 09:32:42 PST 2002      Message Number 17
******************************************************************************

Author: John Latham

David

 We are planning to send Luca Alinovi - my project manager from Africover
project to the meeting.

Best regards
John

-----Original Message-----
From: David STEVENS [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 15 March 2002 16:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AFREF-16] Space Technology and Disaster Management for Africa

****************************************************************************
**
AFREF Mail               15 Mar 11:16:03 PST 2002      Message Number 16
****************************************************************************
**

Author: David Stevens

Dear Colleagues,

The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the United Nations
Economic Commission for Africa are jointly organising the

UNITED NATIONS REGIONAL WORKSHOP ON THE USE OF SPACE TECHNOLOGY FOR
DISASTER MANAGEMENT FOR AFRICA

DATE:  1 - 5 JULY 2002

VENUE: ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA  -  UN CONFERENCE CENTER

We are aiming at bringing together no more than 120 participants to discuss
the issue of disasters in Africa, the use of space technologies in dealing
with disasters, and most importantly to define a Plan-of-Action which will
lead to capacity building and the implementation of pilot projects that use
space technology to support disaster management activities.

The success of the workshop and the follow-up activities will depend to a
large extent on the 120 professionals, decision-makers and experts we bring
together in Addis Ababa.

We hope you can help us in our work in identifying these 120 participants
by forwarding this information to those you believe should be involved in
this workshop.

Information (including the Information Note and the Application Form) can
be found on the following web sites:

www.oosa.unvienna.org/SAP/stdm

and

www.uneca.org/disd

We would most welcome the opportunity of discussing with all those that
would like to participate in the workshop. All those who are involved in
the various aspects of disaster management; government institutions,
regional and international organisations, NGOs, private sector, academia
and development agencies.

Best regards and thanks.

David

David Stevens
Office for Outer Space Affairs
United Nations Office at Vienna
Tel 43-1-26060-5631
FAX 43-1-26060-5830
E-Mail [email-masked]